Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Mashup! 46 and Never Been Kissed!!

Never been kissed? Not really! I just wanted to get your attention! Today is Friday, which means it is time for another Friday Mashup challenge! It's not #46, it's actually #47. But I am 46 years old, and the challenge from our fearless blog leader, Holly, involves a new stamping technique for me...Kissing! LOL

1. Make a Project using the "Kissing Technique"



2. Or make a "Round" Project

3. Or Mash it Up! and make a "Round project using the Kissing technique."




Well ladies, I have been happily married for 18 years, so yes I have been kissed quite a bit! But in terms of stamping, I don't believe I have ever used the kissing technique! Good grief! It's so easy, where have I been?? If you haven't tried this technique, here's a quick tutorial from splitcoaststampers. Basically, you ink up a solid image stamp, such as this silhouette image from Stampin' Up's "Upsy Daisy," then, before stamping on paper, you take another stamp with a different color ink and press it on stamp #1. When it goes on the paper, you see 2 colors, and pattern on the soid image.


For my card, I used peach parfait card base, and added some Everyday Enchantment dsp from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. My project isn't round, but I did cut out this scallop circle in very vanilla with my Big Shot. I stamped the grass from Inspired by Nature in lucky limeade. I inked up the daisies with peach parfait, then used the small flower from Vintage Vogue to "kiss" it with poppy parade ink. I repeated the image several times to make a full field of flowers. Next I sponged the bottom with limeade and the top with baja breeze. I stamped a sentiment, also from Upsy Daisey, in poppy parade, punched with the scallop oval, nd sponged with baja breeze. I embellished with baja breeze seam binding and basic jewel pearls in the corners.


I hope you can join us this week. Just use keyword FM47 in your online gallery, and upload to the Friday Mashup blog. Remember, you need to limit the number of challenges to 5 in your project in order to be eligible for the Glamettes and Rock Star! Be sure to vote for the Fan Favorite challenge, too!! I can't wait to see what you create!



Inky {{{HUGS}}}

8 comments:

  1. Great idea to use Upsy Daisy, Kim. I didn't even think about that one! It looks awesome kissed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    You've created a really pretty bunch of wild flowers on your card with your kissing!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Kim this is beautiful. I have never heard of "kissing" before but really can't wait to have a play with it now. Very much in love with your card!!!

    Thanks so much for the inspiration,
    Chlo - from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on the kissing technique. You are not alone as u have never tried it before. Love these colors you have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the design and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty Kim. I love the colors you used and thanks to you and Holly...you've convinced me to get the Upsy Daisy set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww beautiful card Kim!
    Love how springy and fresh it looks!It is also one of my favorite
    SU stamps set....soo versatile ♥

    ReplyDelete