Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Mashup! Delinquent Penguin!

Hello and Happy Friday! It's time for another Friday Mashup challenge...and sadly I am a bit behind this week. (Ergo, the "delinquent" penguin!) It is actually Saturday...I had a rough week at work. I am datingthis post on Friday, hoping to get other stamping done and posted this weekend. We'll see! But before I tell you about this week's challenge, I need to let you know that we are having another "Fan Favorite" Challenge! WooHoo!! YOU get a chance to create an upcoming challenge! Just check out this post on the Friday Mashup blog to learn more. Now this week's challenge from Lisa is a fun one! Here it is:




  1. Make a project using the "Spotlighting Technique"


  2. Make a project featuring "Penguins"


  3. Or Mash it Up...and make a project using the Spotlighting technique and Penguins!



Well, I have just one penguin stamp which I bought years ago at a big box craft store from the dollar store. It's not really good for the spotlight technique (instructions seen here)...plus Iam deliquent already! So I did not mash things up this week.



Everything other than the penguin is from Stampin' Up. My card has an indigo island base, with a layer of whisper white which I ran through the Big Shot with the perfect polka dots, then sponged with wisteria wonder and pool party ink. I then added some layers of whisper white which I stamped with Serene Snowflakes. I tore the edges, sponged with wisteria wonder and added dazzling diamonds. My penquin was stamped with craft ink, and I added black embossing powder, then heat embossed. The imageis cut out and popped up with dimensionals. Instead of balloons, my penguin is holding snowflakes which I cut out with some sizzlits. I added wisteria wonder baker's twine, found in the Ocassions Mini catalog. Finally, the sentiment is from On Your Birthday, layered with an oval and scallopoval punches. Keeping the delinquent theme...the inside mentions this is a belated birthday card! LOL!!



Hope you check out the other design team projects...they are so fun! Join us this week, and use keyword FM45 in your gallery.



Inky {{{HUGS}}}

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable Kim!! I love all the snowflakes and the way you used the twine. Awesome card!!

    Hope you get to relax this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card. I like how you did the colour on the embossing folder and your snowflake dies are really sweet. Happy you could play along at The Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    Such a sweet card. Love your little winter scene.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little hills you made and your penguin is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete