Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Mashup! A Tisket, A Tasket

Hello Stampin' Friends! It's Friday, and that means it's time for another Friday Mashup challenge, and we are thrilled to have you join us! I'm the hostess this week, and, as you may know, I like to challenge myself right along with you! I rarely make 3-D projects, so I decided to give it a try. And with spring hovering right around the corner here in the Midwest, I decided some fresh spring colors would be perfect! I thought of "A tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket..." NO idea what the rest of that rhyme is! LOL Any way, here is your challenge:




  1. Make a project using the "Colors Green & Yellow" (any shade!)

  2. Or make a 3-D project that is a "Treat Bag or Treat Pouch"

  3. Or Mash it Up! and make a "3-D Treat Bag/Pouch using the Colors Green & Yellow"
My fellow DT members really stepped up their creativity with this one...and it encouraged me to stretch even more! How fun is that?!

I honestly had several ideas in my head. One was quite grandiose for my little hands, and so I failed miserably. I wanted to weave a basket together with strips of card stock. What a mess! Now, what will I do with so many 1" strips?? LOL! I'll never work for Longaberger! Then I remembered this Diaper-fold Pouch, which I found on splitcoaststampers years ago. It isn't very difficult...but I always struggle to get the sides folded in evenly. That's why LOTS of embellishments are fun! I used So Saffron dsp from the Subtles Pattern paper Stack for the pouch. I also used some Certainly Celery from the same stack. My Big Shot came in handy, with the Leaves #2 die, and this fabulous Folded Flowers die. I wanted a third color, so I added Calypso Coral to the mix. The flowers were sponged with so saffron and calypso coral, and the brad is from my previously-unused Sweet Stitches collection. Nearly gave these away! LOL! I also added some per pizzazz pleated ribbon. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday.

The chocolate is from Dove! YUM!

I hope you are up for the challenge...I can't wit to see what you create! Be sure to check out the Friday Mashup blog for some amazing inspiration! Use keyword FM49 in your online gallery.


Inky {{{HUGS}}}














5 comments:

  1. Cute little box Kim. Cheers,

    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basket looks great. If I ever hear of a diaper folded basket position open up at Longerburger! I'll be sure to tell you first. ;). Be proud of your work. It's outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I say how much I loved this challenge? I love 3-Ds! I've never tried a diaper fold... I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fun challenge Kim! I love how your basket turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have ever made one of these Diaper Fold projects.. This came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete