Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Mashup!! Sketchy for Dad

Hello Dear Stamping Friends! It's Friday, and that means it is time for another Friday Mashup challenge!  http://www.fridaymashup.com/  Today is my final project as a Design Team member...BooHoo!  This was my first ever DT gig, and I had a BLAST!  I am so grateful to Holly for giving me a chance to participate.  It has been a great year with so many fantastic challenges!  I have learned a lot, and have *met* so many fabulous stampers!  This week's challenge was a little tricky, just 'cuz I was packing for vacation, and my mojo was stalled out.  Yep...as this post goes live, I will be in Virginia and DC...WooHoo!  So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :


  • Make a project for " That special Man in your life ".
  • Or Make a project with the " Sketch ".
  • Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Masculine card using the above Sketch ".

Well, when I first made this card, I felt like it needed something more.  But after wandering around the forests and hills of Virginia this week, I think it is just fine!  My husband loves enjoying nature, and so I think he will enjoy this card.  I began with a search for designer paper...intending to use Woodland Walk (I think that's the name) but couldn't find it.  No worries...Lisa used it on her amazing card!  Having little time to spare before I finished packing, I came across an older retired fall package of DSP.  No clue what the name is, but that is where I got the color palette.  My card base is soft suede.  The lower squares (including the more mustard layer) are dsp.  For the top square, I stamped the leaves from Lovely as a Tree in always artichoke on whisper white.  Using my blender pen, I colored with retired mellow moss ink.  Then I embossed it with the square lattice impressions folder in my Big Shot, and sponged with both soft suede and always artichoke, then popped up with dimensionals.  I added the sentiment from (Trusty) Teeny Tiny Wishes with the usual word window and modern label punches.  A big designer button and baker's twine finish it off.
I hope you join us this week for this great challenge!  Masculine cards can be tricky, but we all need them sometime!  Be sure to use keyword FM60 in your online gallery.  See the other DT cards on the Friday Mashup blog!  http://www.fridaymashup.com/

While I am signing off as a DT member, I most certainly will visit the Friday Mashup again!  How could I not?  Long-time DT members, plus the new faces...These girls are FABULOUS!!  See you around the paper-crafting-blogosphere!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}



4 comments:

  1. I am so sad you are leaving Kim, I am going to miss you! I love your style and will of course keep following your blog to keep up on everything you do!

    This card came out great! Love the big button, the embossing and the paper and colors you used!

    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card, Kim! That button is just so awesome :)

    It's sad that you're leaving the design team (especially right as I am entering!) I always looked forward to your card each Friday!

    Wishing you safe and happy travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guy's card! Loving that big button with the baker's twine (I've got a few of those to use up so will have to try that one)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the big button! Gonna miss you, Kim!!!!

    ReplyDelete