Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summer Mini VSN!!

Hello stamping friends

Last night was the Mini version of Virtual Stamp Night on SCS.  5 challenges were posted, but I just did 3.  Mojo is not up to speed!  Any way, the overall theme is "Dog Days of Summer" and the full VSN will be next month.  I am excited to be a hostess again...so you will see my challenge in June!



Here is a brief description of my cards... Challenge #1 asked us to use summer fruit, and what says summer more than watermelon?  The stamp is from "Mouthwatering", colored with my markers.  The "sweet" sentment is from long-retired "So Very" and of course Teeny Tiny Wishes is there.  My card base is real red, with some daffodil delight for contrast. The white piece was cut out with my Big Shot using the apothecary framelits.







The next card was for a hostess in Australia...and since Christmas comes in the summer for them, we had to make a bright Christmas cared (no snow!).  I pulled out the last of my glorious green card stock and added real red and whisper white. The stamps are from "The Sounding Joy" stamped in daffodil delight and real red. Ticket corner punch, white ribbon, and some gold beads finish it off.








Finally, the next challenge asked us to feature circles, and the hostess mentioned the summer sun.  I started with a completely different vision for this card (using punches) but instead let my glimmer brads be the feature.  I did some doodling with my watercolor crayons and aqua brush.  The sentiment if from Polka Dot Party.  The card stock is tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, and watercolor paper.

It was a fun night of stamping!  If I ever get my room organized, I could do more of this!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment