Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, May 31, 2013

A Blessing to Play with Paper!

Hello Everyone!

I am getting back into a regular stamping mode...thank goodness!  I needed quite a few birthday and graduation cards, plus some special occasion cards.  My husband started working 2nd shift this week, so that means my evenings have been spent in my craft room.  It is a mess!

I decided to catch up on SCS color challenges (my goal is to do them all this year! not necessarily in order or on time...but all of them!)  I also wanted to peek in on my fave blog challenges, and this sketch from the Paper Players made me smile!


I needed a card for a client who recently gave her testimony at a ministry event.  She has a very inspiring story, and her baby is soooooo precious!  I thought these lovely colors would be cheerful and girly!  The color challenge called for regal rose (soon to retire), bermuda bay (coming back!) and certainly celery (soon to retire).


My card base is regal rose.  I rarely use this; generally only if it is in a color challenge.  Ironically, whenever I do use it, I think "I should pull this color out more."  Oh well!  I added a layer of celery patterned paper.  I had some retired bermuda bay patterned paper as well, which came in handy.  The flower is from SU's "Touch of Nature" colored with markers.  The sentiment is from SU's Blessings from Heaven."   I dusted off my corner rounder and white grosgrain ribbon for some detailing.  Instead of the top square, I have a butterfly punch from regal rose patterned paper. The gems are from an old stash bought at M's or HL...no idea what brand.  (They're old!)

It was fun to play again with not one, but 2 challenges!  Thanks fo stopping by...should be a very stampy summer!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



1 comment:

  1. So pretty, Kim! I love pinks and greens together, and the patterns and flower image are so sweet! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete