Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, January 6, 2014

7 Quick Takes...on a Bitter Cold Day


Well, it's not Friday, so I am a bit late on the "Quick Takes."  I have been sick for a week with bronchitis.  I am fortunate to be able to work from home, but even that has been tough since I feel so crummy.  Today, most our county is shut down due to insanely cold temps after heavy snowfall yesterday.  The air temp was 15 below zero when I got up this morning...wind chills are 30 below or worse.  Crazy cold!


But I haven't posted for a few days...and I decided today would be a  good day to get back on track.  Here are my 7 Quick Takes:

1.

Bronchitis stinks.  No one wants to be around you when you are coughing and hacking (can't blame them) and it is really hard to work when TALKING is a big part of your job.  Sigh.

2.

Yesterday, I saw 2 episodes of a show on HGTV where couples were buying homes in Hawaii.  Considering we got over 8 inches of snow, then blowing winds and record breaking temps...Yeah, I think Hawaii sounds REALLY good about now.

3.

I did a lot of reading yesterday...compared to recently.  It felt good.  I truly hope to read a lot more this year, like I did when I was younger.

4.

We usually host a 12th Day of Christmas party at our house for the ministry, but had to cancel this year due to my illness and the storm.  While I missed the party, I did not miss the clean-up, before and after!  (But my house is a mess right now since we didn't have company.  Eventually, I'll have to do something about that.)

5.

My husband has been cooking a lot during these cold days.  He loves to cook; I love to eat.  I hate to exercise.  That's a problem.

6.

I had a phone consultation scheduled this morning at 9 a.m.  My throat was scratchy, but I know this woman, and she was aware of my illness.  What she didn't know is the fact that I was in my jammies, and I had serious bed head.  The advantages of working from home!

7. 

I wonder if I can just stay home all week again.  Sick or not, I hate leaving the house in the winter.  Bears have the right idea.  Hibernate!


Thanks for stopping by again...Stay Warm!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment