Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Freshly Made by the Sea

(Note:  This post was originally published on my other blog.  I am moving my 2014 posts over here.)


Good morning, Stamping Friends!



Today I have the other card I made this past Wednesday.  Once again, I am catching up on SCS Color Challenges.  This one calls for tempting turquoise, coastal cabana, and crisp cantaloupe.  I have to admit, this was a tough one for me.  But as I pondered and perused my stamps, I decided to go with an ocean theme.  I also paired up the color challenge with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge found HERE:  As you can tell, I flipped the sketch on its side.
I gravitate toward rich regals and deeper tones, so I wasn't sure how to handle this palette.  Because I needed a card for a young adult male (nephew-in-law) I thought adding the black would give it some depth and maturity.  My nephew live in Florida, so I'm hoping he'll like the design!  




My card base is basic black, with a layer of coastal cabana, dry embossed with the Cuttlebug "Divine Swirls" folder in my big shot, then sponged with turquoise.  The polka dot paper is from a retired SU pack, "Tropical Party." My stamped images are from SU's "By the Tide," simply layered for dimension.  Of course, I needed to add "Teeny Tiny Wishes" for the sentiment.  Calypso Coral bakers twine finishes it off.

I am enjoying my dive back into stamping challenges!  Hopefully, I will make more cards later this weekend.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment