Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Yes, I'm Still Here!

Hello again.  I haven't stamped much this week, as I had house guests over.  Two college-aged women stayed at our home (2 young men at a different home).  They facilitated a wonderful youth program at our church.  I thought I might get some stamping done while they were gone, but I ended up doing other things, plus I spent more time over at the church myself!  I made one card Monday which will go with some other challenge cards on tomorrow's post, and one on Friday, which I failed to get a picture of before I stuck it in the envelope.

So, I am going to post two cards which were for Virtual Stamp Night a couple of weeks ago.  I posted them to the SCS gallery, now finally here.  As a reminder, the VSN theme was "Happy!"

Lisa (Shoe Girl) gave us a challenge to make a 50's themed card, inspired by the TV show "Happy Days."  I was stumped!  I have no specifically 50's images.  But I do have this motorcycle and tire tread from SU's "Rev Up the Fun."  It made me think of Fonzie!  I used turquoise, bla ck, and slate markers to color the image.  The greeting is a fave of mine from "Polka Dot Party."  I used basic black, whisper white, and smoky slate card stock, along with turquoise pattern paper.  Silver brads are the final detail.





The last VSN card I made was for Ann's challenge.  She loves to bake, and baked goods make a lot of us happy!  We needed to incorporate a cake or other baked item.  Surprisingly, I had almost nothing in the stamp department for this.  I did find this small image, in a tag shape, from "Happiest Birthday Wishes."  The image is colored with markers:  summer starfruit, midnight muse, raspberry ripple, and primrose petals.  My small tag punch was used for the image; the large tag for the primrose petals matting.  I used "Patio Party" dsp on the raspberry ripple card base, some midnight muse ribbon, and a touch of cherry cobbler twine.  

I hope to get back in the groove this week.  The good news is that I had to clean up my craft space so it could be used for a guest room.  Time for a freshly made mess!  LOL

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. I think your motorcycle card is most definitely "Fonzi-fied!" Great job for the "happy" theme. Both cards fit it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very happy cards, Kim! I love both motorcycles and cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever to stamp the tire marks on the bottom as the road! Love your 50's themed Fonzi card too.

    ReplyDelete