Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Double Challenge Card

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

This afternoon I made a card combining this week's color and sketch challenges from SCS.  I was going to pullout some past challenges too, but decided to clean up my mess instead!  LOL  Seriously, I am in the middle of so many non-stamping projects that I need to limit my weekday stamping to one or two cards a day.  This kind of discipline is tough!


I noticed the sketch late last night when I decided to see if it was posted early.  It looked tough,  but really wasn't bad.  The colors are so saffron, tempting turquoise, and melon mambo.  It took me a while to pick a stamp set.  My sister had back surgery two weeks ago, and is still recovering with physical therapy and medicine.  I decided to make this for her, hoping to cheer her up.  I used the SU set "Send Me Soaring," using the challenge colors, plus basic black.  I cut the kites out and popped them up.  I brushed a bit of shimmer on the clouds.  The dsp is long retired, from a Sale-a-bration scrap kit, but I can't remember the name.  It is difficult to see,but the layer of so saffron is dry embossed with the Cuttlebug "Divine Swirls" folder.  Some grosgrain ribbon finishes it off.

My sister lives about 60 miles away.  I wish I could give this to her in person. but I will have to drop it in the mail instead.  Long Live Snail Mail!!
Thanks for dropping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did an awesome job with this sketch!! I love the fun scene you created! This card should definitely cheer your sister up!

    ReplyDelete