Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Few Grad Cards...and VSN News!




So, once again my blogging gets neglected.  Sigh.  I realize this isn't my "paid gig" so it often gets placed on the back burner.  I had plans for this post days ago; combine my red/black and orange/black graduation cards.  But then I got busy prepping for Virtual Stamp Night...which starts tonight   which started LAST night!!  My own challenge will go live here very soon, so I better get this old post finished up!




This first card does not appear like a traditional graduation card.   However, it is for a young woman I know who just graduated from Illinois State University, and who has a tremendous faith in God.  She is discerning future plans, and I felt this Scripture verse was perfect!  
The card uses a layout from this week's SCS Sketch challenge.  I used real red and whisper white card stock, along with real red pattern paper and some "Black Orchid" dp from S.E.I.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities, cut out with the SU "Floral Frame" framelit.  I used the same framelit for the red dp; just moved it a bit to mat the verse.  Then I added butterflies cut with my SU embosslit.  Red satin ribbon and black enamel hearts finish it off.  







The next card is not for any challenge...just a fun card for  niece who graduated from high school.  This time I used poppy parade, but still have some Black Orchid paper as well. The card features SU's "Send Me Soaring," stamped in poppy parade, jet black, and bordering blue.  I added a Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment with lots of punched layers,  resting on poppy twill ribbon.  Final detail is some dazzling diamonds on the clouds.
















Now I have a card for the oldest son of some dear friends.  He graduated as Valedictorian and with a bunch of other honors.  Funny thing is, I saw this sketch...thought it was current for the week I made the card...but now I can't find the badge o the number.  It wasn't current; not on SCS or any blog I frequent.  Bu I KNOW I had the badge up when I was designing the card...it was vertical and I turned it on its side.  If I ever figure it out, I will let you know!  LOL  The card uses pumpkin pie and basic black and features "Tassle Time," and old stamp set from SU.  I added some bakers twine and  a small banner with the year.











Finally, another pumpkin pie/black card: this one for my cousin's daughter.  Different school, but how nice to be able to use some of the same supplies?  I
t i for a sketch challenge; the badge has been in my file for ages, so I decided to finally make this.  I used SU stamps:  "Happy Grad" "Work of Art" and "Kinda Eclectic."  The ribbon is from the hair salon I use.  They have fabulous black organza ribbon bows on the bags when you buy hair products!




Whew!  That took a while!  Now back to my Virtual Stamp Night mess.  See you later this weekend! 

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


3 comments:

  1. Each one of these cards is great in it's own right, but when I come here and get to see so many wonderful cards in one post...it's like card Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love these non-traditional Grad cards! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mix of fabulous and unique graduation designs, Kim!

    I got almost have of the VSN challenges done! It was a lot of fun, and I have some neat cards I can use. I am sad that fewer and fewer seem to be participating. I know how hard the hostesses work to put on this fun event!

    ReplyDelete