Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, June 24, 2016

More Virtual Stamp Night!

Hello, and Happy Friday!!

I have a few more VSN cards, but I will be traveling tonight and tomorrow.  Not sure if I will get all of the challenges done, but I'll post what I have so far.

The first one is for MY challenge:  "Raise the Bar."   absolutely LOVE gymnastics!  Many events...balance beam, high bar, parallel bars, uneven bars...have a long horizontal bar with an athlete twirling all over it.  So I asked stampers to incorporate a horizontal element with something swirly.  I made a graduation card, using this greeting from "Tassle Time" and the hot air balloon from Stampabilities.  My colors are crushed curry, handsome hunter, mellow moss, and crumb cake...oh with a bit of bordering blue sponged on my embossed cloudy sky.  I also used markers to make the swirly trail under the balloon...hope no one fell out!  LOL














Next, Sharon asked us to "Swim for the Gold" by using a water color technique and some gold elements.  I knew that a recent color challenge used gold, so I used  that too:  wild wasabi, cherry cobbler, and gold. The cherry cobbler strip is dry embossed with the Divine Swirls folder.  I attempted to stamp my hydrangea from "Because I Care" on some watercolor paper.  Hmmm...the details didn't show up.  I need more practice!  I chose a simple watercolor wash technique.  It definitely makes the colors look different, but it works with the quick VSN time frame.  My gold elements are the brad and this washi tape from Spare Parts.  I have washi tape, but have never used it before.  It took me forever to get the roll started!  Ha!  My sentiment is also on water color paper, colored with my aqua brush.













Now I have a card for Carla's challenge, Bird On!  Inspired by the sport of badminton, we were asked to include a "birdie" in our project.  Even better, a bird playing a sport!  I pulled out my SU set "For the Birds, and used this winter image.  My bird is training for the winter Olympics!  Mycard base is marina mist, and I added panels of  "Christmas Cheer" dsp, from an old retired Scrappin' kit.  I colored my image with markers, and sponged the edges. The satin ribbon is scrunched for a touch of dimension.  This card also fits a recent SCS sketch challenge.

I really wanted to get more cards done by now, but oh well!  Maybe Sunday afternoon will be filled with some creativity.  You have until Sunday night to upload your Virtual Stamp Night projects!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim







4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these great VSN creations, each one a delight!! Beautiful work, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Kim...so ambitious! I'm getting the "Itch" to get back into my craft room! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your virtual stamp nights are really, really productive! I love all three of these cards! As always, your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete