Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, October 30, 2017

Throwing Down some Fall Challenges


Hey Stamping friends...I'm back!

I had another lull in my stamping life, but was re-awakened by the recent "Falliday Fest" over at Splitcoaststampers.  I decided rather quickly not to worry about completing all of the challenges, so I could concentrate on making multiples.  I had hoped to combine with more palettes from The Color Throwdown, but I have just these two today.  I looked at the clock and thought, Yikes!  I better get these posted!

So, this week's palette is gorgeous!  I hope to make some additional cards using the new SU color, fresh fig.  But the purple in this card is mostly from old tissue paper.  One if the Falliday Fest challenges, hosted by my cyber friend Jeanette, asked us to recycle something in our project.  Crumbled tissue adds nice texture.  The stamped & embossed image, from SU's "Embrace Life," was actually found in my packet of very vanilla scraps...Yay!  All of this is on a cajun craze card base with a strip of always artichoke pattern paper.  The sentiment is from SU's "Tea Shoppe," stamped in fresh fig, punched with the modern label and adorned with cajun enamel dots.



Next, a Color Throwdown from a couple of week's ago combined with Ceal's FF challenge to use our acrylic blocks for stamping a background.  Super fun!  My card base is sahara sand, with a layer of pumpkin pie that has been embossed with the houndstooth folder.  After using my blocks to add sahara sand and pumpkin pie ink to my very vanilla piece, I added flowers from SU's "Of the Earth" in basic black, then mounted it on black and added thick twine.  My sentiment is from the same set, heat embossed with white on black.  I rarely do that, but I love the look!  I hope to create more similar cards with neutrals and one pop of color.

That's it for today, but I have a few posts started with completed Falliday Fest projects that I hope to share later this week.  Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



2 comments:

  1. Kim, it's so good to see you making cards... lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards, Kim, but that second one really grabbed my attention!! It is an awesome beauty!!

    ReplyDelete