Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another Color Challenge


I LOVE Color Challenges! It's kinda funny...because several of my cyber friends say they "hate" the weekly color challenge on splitcoaststampers. Oh well...we're all different, and that makes our galleries so varied and beautiful!

The Color Challenge from Tuesday called for Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, and Cherry Cobbler. LOVE this color palette! I made 2 very different cards.

The first card is a simple birthday card using the 2-step stamp set Awash with Flowers and On Your Birthday. I used basic gray to stamp the flower outlines, then added marina mist and cherry cobbler. I sponged with the marina mist and wasabi, and added a bit of daffodil delight for the sun. The main panel is highlighted with the scallop edge punch. Notice the rhinestones? Love having these! The dsp behind the sentiment is from the regals pattern pack...a must-have in my book! Taffeta ribbon literally tops it all off.

The second card was super easy! I had to try my new ornament punch! This month's club hostess chose "Christmas in July" as her theme. I simply punched out the 3 challenge colors, used versamark with Serene Snowflakes, and placed them on basic black. Teeny Tiny Wishes and the Modern Label Punch make a comeback here...you didn't think I lost them did you?? White oranza ribbon adds an elegant finish.

Have fun playing with your new colors!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are fun! I have the first set but haven't used it yet. I love the idea of the versamark snowflakes. Subtle, but charming.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color combo works so well together. I love both cards -- but especially like the ornament punch card -- how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ornament card - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete