Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Challenges Doubled-Up

Today, I am showing off 2 simple and quick cards. They are both challenge cards for splitcoaststampers, which is a FANTASTIC way to get your mojo going!! All products used are from Stampin' Up!

Tuesday is the SCS Color Challenge, and this week, it was posted early! I saw it late Monday night, fell in love with the color palette, and decided to play before I went to bed. The colors: Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, and Crumb Cake. I had a 1/2 sheet of crumb cake, my retired baja ribbon elements was on the top of a full basket, and the blushing bride pattern paper from the Hostess Level 1 pack is in the paper cubby closest to my laptop! I rolled my office chair to my stamp cabinet...and chose the lovely Serene Snowflakes. I combined the colors with a sketch challenge as well. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday, and a glimmer brad (from the Holiday Mini) adds a nice shimmer. Almost forgot...I used Versamark to stamp on the crumb cake, giving a watermark look. Very simple!



This other card is for the CAS challenge to use gingham. I had just gotten this creamy caramel gingham ribbon off of the Clearance Rack. The button and twine are current accessories, placed on very vanilla card stock,mounted on bravo burgundy. I stamped Teeny Tiny Wishes in bravo burgundy as well.

Why 2 birthday cards? I have been so BAD about sending b-day cards this year, so I have a plan to make cards as I go...and I have a box ready to store 2011 cards! These cards are for a brother-in-law and sister-in-law who each have January birthdays.

We'll see how long this lasts!

Inky{{{HUGS}}}

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are great, but I love the clean look of the card with the button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, love the snowflake card! And the other is very clean and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. both these cards are lovely...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love, love, LOVE the color combo you used on the snowflake card. I'm writing that one down to try out! Great CAS design on the second card using that ribbon. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete