Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, October 4, 2010

Last Minute Dare!


I just barely got this card created and uploaded on time for this week's Color Dare! I love to enter Riley's weekly challenge!

I knew last Wednesday that I wanted to play...after all, it's a great combo: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight, and Chocolate Chip. But as usual, my job kept me quite busy! Have to pay the bills and buy more stampin' stuff, right? Any way, I decided to try a late night card, and this is what I came up with. I took the picture because dear hubby is sound asleep. Maybe I'll have him take a better photo later on!

My card base is chocolate chip. I added a layer of daffodil delight, which I ran through the Big Shot with the Elegant Bouquet impressions folder, then lightly sponged with choc chip ink. I took some vanilla and Greenhouse Gala dsp, and cut it out with the Top Note die. The image is from Inspired by Nature, stamped with the daffodil, chocolate and always artichoke ink. Teeny Tiny Wishes and the modern label punch were already out on my messy table, so I put them to use! Finally, I added some retired corduroy brads and current crochet trim.

Designed, stamped, uploaded in 30 minutes! Whew!! That's gotta be a record!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

  1. Love that flower image and these are the perfect colours to use with it. Thanks for playing the Color Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous...and everything done is 30 minutes!?? That is very impressive! Love those corduroy brads and the crochet trim. Beautiful card with this color combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is wonderfu. I love how you've arranged things!!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are such a whiz with the top note die..adn 30 minutes is impressive. I think it takes me 30 mins to pick out papers soemtime. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! 30 minutes??? Wow, fantastic. Love the Chocolate chip sponging on the daffodil paper. So glad you could join us at the Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It's one of my all time fav sets and I like that you split the top note! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete