Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Featuring Thanks

Today is Sunday...time for another Featured Stamper Challenge on splitcoaststampers! The FS highlights gorgeous stuff from CherylQuilts...and what a gallery she has!! I chose this great Clean And Simple card to CASE. I needed more Thank You cards for the ministry, so I made 6 of these today. I changed the main color from bermuda bay to crushed curry so I could still use polka dot ribbon. I made the card vertical, so this Scripture verse would fit. The flower is from Stampin Up's Friends Never Fade, colored with artichoke and curry markers. The verse is from stampabilities, and I used basic black craft ink,clear embossing powder, and I heat embossed it. To make the main layer pop, I layered it on basic black. This will be easy to duplicate in other colors.


Yesterday was the Inspiration Challenge, highlighting the website Destiny's Creations, and I chose this bracelet. I decided to use Cajun Craze card stock and ink to mimic the copper. The flower is from Punched Posies, a retired hostess set, and I used the coordinating 5-petal punch. I originally tried to make a circle with the flowers, but it did not fit and looked awful! LOL! So I just used3 flowers scattered with a very vanilla layer which I ran through the Big Shot with perfect polka dots impressions folder. The sentiment is from Thank You Kindly, and I added a regal button, some twine,, and an old olive layer for contrast.

Time to stamp some more...my favorite Sunday afternoon activity!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. Great cards and great colors! Love the happy colors and the verse in the first and the punched out flowers in the second. Like the look of Cajun Craze with Old Olive...Have to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I like these a lot. Thank you cards always seem to be the best cards to have opn hand, don't they? Great color choices and layouts,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crushed curry card! I'm going to miss that color!

    ReplyDelete