Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Colors and a Paper Players Sketch

Hello Stampin' Friends





Today's card is for the color challenge on SCS, as well as this week's Paper Players Challenge found here. The colors are bold, the sketch is Clean and Simple...made for a quick, fun card!

I started with a night of navy card base. I added whisper white and real red, which was embossed with the square lattice folder in the big shot. I used the 5-petal flower punch, with daffodil delight and real red card stock, and embossed them with the perfect polka dots. I added glimmer brads from the brighg and subtles collections (so saffron since there isn't a daffodil delight glimmer brad). The sentiment is from a new Hostess Set called "Perfect Words," bstamped in night of navy ink. I also added a few touches with my white gel pen. I finished it off with white, red, and daffodil grosgrain ribbon.


This will make a great thank you card...or a thinking of you...or any note to a good friend!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

8 comments:

  1. What a fun and bright card! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! Love those beautiful, bright flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - great bright and fun colours. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great CAS card...I love the little piercing you did as well! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love the triple grosgrain ribbon and the bold flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors! And your ribbon treatment is so cute! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kim! Great job with the sketch! I love that is was quick and easy and looks SO pretty! Love the glimmer brads! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, love the bow. Love the paper pierced corners... such a fabulous take on the challenge. I also love the bold colors you choose. Thanks for sharing it with the Paper Players
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete