Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Mashup! Wings and Bling!



Hello Stampin' Friends! It's Friday! You know what that means...time for another Friday Mashup challenge!! This week, Kasey brings us a fun and colorful challenge, and I hope you play along! Here it is:


Create a project with butterflies and bling
Create a project using Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, plus ONE other color of choice and ONE neutral
Or Mash it Up and create a project with butterflies, bling, and the color combo


My original intent was to use daffodil delight as my other color...even pulled out card stock over last weekend. But instead, I decided my wild wasabi was lonely since I haven't used it for a while. (I think it would look better with both, but that doesn't fit the challenge!) I started with a wasabi base and added a piece of perfect plum dsp. This is one of the retired patterns (I have scraps) but you can get the Subtles Pattern Paper Sack with the current patterns by going to my Stampin' Up site. I cut 2 squares each in marina mist and whisper white. Using my Flight of the Butterfly 2-step stamp set, I made one square of my own designer paper (love the tiny flower) and used one of the sentiments on the other square. I love setting squares off on this angle as diamonds...I think it adds interest. I then stamped a butterfly in marina mist and perfect plum, punched it out with the must-have butterfly punch, and popped it up with a dimensional. For the bling, I added rhinestones off to the sides, and 2 on the butterfly itself. Finally, I added some organza ribbon...'cuz I love this ribbon!!


Be sure to check out the rest of the DT cards...they are lovely and great for inspiration!! Then, show us what you come up with and link it up to the Friday Mashup challenge blog. Be sure to use keyword FM19 in your online gallery.
Can't wait to see your creations!

Inky{{{HUGS}}}


7 comments:

  1. Kim, this is SO pretty! I love the way you put the sentiment and butterfly! Wild Wasabi was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is so pretty. Nice combo.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kim. I love how the butterfly seems to be flying around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Kim...the sketch is really terrific! Love the two squares!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Kim. I love the way you've arranged the two squares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this came out great.. Great stamp set I have some much staining on that set you can tell it's been well loved! I really like the layout you used, very unique.

    ReplyDelete