Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simple and Lighthearted

Hello Everyone!! I did a lot of stamping the last couple of evenings...feels great! I have been playing with NEW stampin' goodies from my pre-order of the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini Catalog, which becomes available on September 1st. I am making some card fronts for a demonstrator swap, but I also made some full size cards. Today I am featuring the set "Lighthearted. It's cute and easy to use! I also used various designer series papers...there is a special through the end of August!




Today's sketch challenge on SCS is perfect for this stamp set. I started with a basic black card base and added 2 layers of Frightful Sight dsp. I stamped the sentiment in basic black and cajun craze ink onto whisper white card stock, then layered it with old olive and basic gray card stock. I finished it off with large silver brads and dimensionals.







Last weekend, I was working on the swap with my new recruit. She also made a Halloween card with this stamp...featuring another pattern of the same dsp pack and some polka dot scallop ribbon.

I decided to make cards with the other stamps from the same set. This one has a basic gray base with cherry cobbler layered on top. I added a striped grosgrain ribbon, whih makes a great "layer" in lieu of paper. The sentiment is stamped in cherry cobbler on whisper white, layered over basic black. I punched out 3 hearts from the neutrals and regals pattern paper stacks, popping one up with dimensionals. The last detail is a basic jewel rhinestone on the sentiment.





The next card features Big Top Birthday dsp and the Top Note die. I used daffodil delight, tempting turquoise, real red, and whisper white card stock. The turquoise strip was embossed with the square lattice folder in my big shot. Real red and tempting turquoise grosgrain ribbon and daffodil delight brads finish it off.

The last card has a different feel; more elegant. The card base is not quite navy, and I used Timeless Portrait dsp. The sentiment is stamped in cherry cobbler on very vanilla, then layered with cherry cobbler and river rock. I embellished with NQN taffeta ribbon and chantilly crochet trim, as well as basic jewel pearls.


Whew!! One stamp set, different dsp...lots of possibilities! Hope you like them!!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! Love that stamp set. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so very pretty Kim & I LOVE the layouts you used! Excellent work Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are all really lovely! I especially like the one with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete