Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Featured Stamper x2

Hello everyone. I am posting cards which I made several days ago. One I nearly completed last Sunday, but I didn't get back to it until Wednesday. I made the 2nd one on Wednesday too. Both cards are for last week's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. It was a new gallery for me to enjoy...Vickie, aka redlynny. I chose this beauty to CASE.
I loved the cut out flower over the rich designer paper, and the simple sketch of the featured stamper card. Well, I picked Paisley Petals dsp and the coordinating stamp set to stamp, color, emboss and cut out. But the dsp is so strong, I felt the cut-out image just didn't work...so I made 2 cards. Couldn't let my cut-out images go to waste!
Everything used here is from Stampin' Up. My first card has an early espresso card base. I layered the dsp over pear pizazz, which includes a scallop trim border. I used retired early espresso satin ribbon and not quite navy taffeta ribbon. I used the little leaves sizzlit in my big shot, and lightly sponged the pear pizazz with early espresso. Instead of a cut out flower, I stamped a sentiment from "Blessings from Heaven" and another Paisley Petal image that I did not color... then punched it out with the scallop circle punch and lightly sponged it with baja breeze and not quite navy.
Since I had not one, but 2 Paisley Petal images stamped, colored with blender pens and embossed, I made this other card. Using crumb cake for the base, I added a simpler pattern of the Paisley petals dsp and a layer of baja breeze. The baja breeze was embossed with the petals-a-plenty folder and sponged with not quite nav ink. More espresso satin ribbon, but this time I layered crumb cake taffeta ribbon in a scrunched manner. My images were adhered with dimensionals. I used a stamp from Perfect Words, and punched it out with an oval punch.
I added some dsp inside each of the cards...and I already know to whom I will send them. I think just about anyone can use a bit of encouragement!
Thanks for stopping by!
Inky {{{HUGS}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment