Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Mashup! Pale as a Ghost!

Hello Stamping Friends!! Happy Friday! I am just one week away from a BIG fund raiser, and my mom is visiting, so I had to squeeze in some stamping time! Why? It's time for another Friday Mashup challenge! http://www.fridaymashup.com/ This week, Rita is our hostess...and she came up with a fun challenge (though I struggled bit!)

  1. Make a project using the "Sketch"
  2. Or Make a project using the "Ghosting (or Versamark Resist) Technique"
  3. Or Mash it Up! And make a project using the sketch and the ghosting technique

Well, I decided to mash it up...but you can hardly tell! Not only did I get impatient and not allow my versamark to dry thoroughly, I used very pale colors! Oops! It's much prettier in person! My card base is blushing bride. I stamped the flowers and grass (really I did!) from Inspired by Nature on very vanilla card stock. I sponged baja breeze, blushing bride, and pear pizazz ink on it, then layered it over concord crush for contrast. Next, I used my Sizzix 2 tags die with the big shot to cut out the smaller image panel. I stamped versamark again...but cheated this time. I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss this time...and you can still barely see it! I need to practice this technique again...it really isn't hard...just be patient! LOL! The sentiment is from "Blessings from Heaven" stamped in concord crush. I added a bit of blushing bride dsp detailed with the scallop trim punch. I also added pear pizazz ribbon, popped it up with dimensionals, and added a butterfly from the Beautiful Wings sizzlit for the final touch.
Late night...lousy picture...but a FABULOUS challenge! Be sure to check out the amazing DT cards over at the Friday Mashup blog...then join us! http://www.fridaymashup.com/

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

6 comments:

  1. LOL I had the same problem! I had to redo mine after I smeared it horribly. :) I'm not known for my patience, so this might be a difficult technique for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft look to your card. I'm sure all the subtle effects make it even more interesting in real life. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your fundraiser Kim.. You will do great! I bet you have having a blast with your mom visiting, is she is stamper too?

    Your card is so pretty.. I love the soft colors you used and the butterfly adds that extra touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and pretty Kim.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card has a very soft look to it Kim and I really like how it came out! I didnt let my Versamark dry all the way either, so dont feel bad about that :) Love the pretty blue butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subtle colors you used. Beautiful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete