Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Color Challenge Meets Christmas

Hello Stampin' Friends!

It has been over a week since I blogged...it feels good to come back!  I still have LOTS of Christmas cards to make, so when I looked at recent color challenges on splitcoaststampers, I knew I needed to make something work for my stash.  This challenge "A Perfect White Night," caught my eye the week it was posted, but I have been busy with work.  Better late than never, I suppose!  Perfect plum, whisper white and night of navy...fabulous!



All products used here are from Stampin' Up.  My card base is navy, and I used my framelits in the big shot to cut out layers of plum and white.  The plum is also embossed with Plenty of Petals folder.  I used the "Come to Bethlehem" stamp set, stamping the main image in navy craft ink and silver pigment ink.  (I used my stamping spot for the navy and a sponge dauber for the silver, since the star is also part of the main stamp.)  I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then sponged with sahara sand, plum and navy...and added a rhinestone to the star.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set, used with the modern label punch and dimensionals.  2 of my cards have ribbon...but I preferred the look without it this time.



Once again, I made a dozen...so I am getting closer to my goal of 120 cards.  Sadly, I am only halfway done!  Oh. My. Goodness!

Better start another batch!  See you soon!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment