Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Birthdays

Hello Stamping Friends!!

Well, dear hubby and I are back from vacation...and I spent lots of time in my stamp room.  Originally, I was going to finish my Christmas cards...but I got on a birthday card kick.  I signed some cards in my stash for a few upcoming birthdays, and made a couple of quick cards for other stamping friends (no pics), but I also had fun making these 2 cards.  Everything is from Stampin' Up!  **Editted:  My first card fits the current Friday Mashup challenge...yay!


The first one is for my aunt.  Honestly, I didn't know her birthday was coming up, but thank goodness for Facebook!  I couldn't possibly give cards to everyone, but I love adding some extended family to the card list.  This took very little time...I had this piece of baja breeze pattern paper in my scraps, and this piece with my own pattern made from Serene Snowflakes.  (Advantages of not cleaning up before vacation!)  Even this felt snowflake was left out!  The sentiment is from On Your Birthday, featuring the scallop oval and decorative label punches.  Ruffled ribbon and a rhinestone finish it off.  The colors in this card are concord crush, wisteria wonder, island indigo, and baja breeze.


The next card is for a niece, whose birthday I thought was in February.  Glad I checked!  (I will be making a new birthday calendar for myself this month!)  I used my Big Shot with the Tasteful Trim die to cut out some silver glimmer paper.  The image is from Snow Much Fun, colored with markers and a bit of dazzling diamonds. I added wild wasabi and a bit of pumpkin pie for contrasting colors Sarah loves orange...I always add some even if it doesn't seem to "go with" the rest of the card.  The sentiment is from On Your Birthday.  Bakers twine is the last detail.

It felt great to create again!  I hope to stamp even more in the New Year!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Lovely winter birthday cards - love the sparkly, wavy background on your snowman card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete