Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello Stampin' Friends!

Happy New Year!  I hope you are having a great day...starting out 2013 with family and friends.  I have to go back to work tomorrow (sort of...I work from home on Wednesdays) so I am going to do a bit more stamping today...then probably watch a movie with dear hubby.  I guess I could start the year out with exercise too..hmmm...I'll let you know!

Quick card today for the first color challenge of 2013 on splitcoaststampers, found here:  Gold, silver, and white with the dessert option being to make an anniversary or wedding card.  Well, I don't know anyone celebrating a 25th or 50th anniversary anytime soon.  No wedding dates set, even for the young couples I know who just got engaged...so what to do?

Well, one of my nieces got married just over a year ago.  We need to send her a package for a baby shower later this month, so I decided to make an anniversary card too. The card base is metallic gold.  My layer of white is embossed with the Big Shot and Elegant Lines embossing folder.  You can't see it in the pic, but I lightly sponged some shimmer spritz on it as well.  I added several rhinestones, and silver glimmer paper cut with the Tasteful Trim die.  The stamps are from Memorable Moments, a set that includes digits to work for any anniversary or birthday.  I just put several separate stamps on one clear block, stamped in gold and heat embossed.  The decorative label punch was used twice to get this layered look.

So congratulations Rachel and Michael!  Hope you have many more years to come!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment