Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, February 5, 2015

More Colorful Sketches

Hello, and Happy Thursday!


As I continue my focus on sketch challenges this year, I must admit that I cannot leave color challenges alone.  They are my favorite!  In fact, I am participating in a fairly new color challenge today, from the My Favorite Things blog.  I don't have MFT card stock, so the colors are approximations, but there are some unique colors in their palette.  I'm sure I'll try some in the near future!  (The blueberry looks yummy!)  I paired their color challenge with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  



Once again, I pulled out kiwi kiss card stock, as it seemed the closest to MFT limelight.  (I really should find my retired dsp that works with kiwi, before I finish it all off with these challenges!)  So, on top of the kiwi kiss, I have a layer of whisper white that is embossed with the Cloudy Day folder on top, and sponged with pool party; then stamped on the bottom with the grass from "Inspired by Nature."  The horizontal strip is wisteria wonder and a layer of white stamped with "Mixed Bunch" and "Thoughts and Prayers."  I used old olive (it was out already) night of navy and wisteria wonder inks.  I used my SU big butterfly die for both butterflies, embossing them together with the fancy fan folder.  Some baker's twine and non-SU lime colored gems finish it off.

I have several other sketch/color combos to work on, but not tonight.  Hope to stamp some more tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty scene you created! The gold accents are the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card!! great sketch and the colors are divine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kim! I'm glad we can tantalize you with our color combination and challenge! A very lovely card it is.

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete