Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Time for Another Color Challenge

Hello, and Happy Tuesday!

Today I am posting my card for the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.  I am having fun as a Guest DT member, and I hope you can participate in this week's challenge!

The blue-green palette (bermuda bay, old olive, and coastal cabana) can go along with a cool wintery look, or something for spring.  I went for the spring look, because I am seriously ready for sunshine, warm breezes, and fresh flowers!  This week's dessert is to use at least 4 layers.  I forgot about dessert, but did it anyway.  I love layers!



My card base is old olive.  The next layer is whisper white, on which I stamped some grass from "Inspired by Nature."  I also dry embossed the top portion with the cloudy day folder, then sponged coastal cabana over the clouds.  I added a strip of textured bermuda bay, and wrapped some coastal cabana ribbon around these layers.  The image panel features "Field Flowers," a great 2-step set.  I realize these colors are unlikely to be seen on one flower, but I like this any way!  I wasn't sure where to place the sentiment.  Once I decided to place it on the bottom half, I stamped more of the grass,  I lightly sponged the image and sentiment layers.  I also added a silver brad and some bits of ribbon.  Of course, there are some dimensionals too...I rarely make flat cards!

Be sure to check out the color challenge...I'll be looking at the gallery to see what you create!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment