Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, March 6, 2015

Colors for a Spring Challenge

Hello Stamping Friends!


Earlier this week, I posted a card that I made quickly for the SCS color challenge (real red, coastal cabana, and daffodil delight)...but I wasn't thrilled with it.  I decided to try again,and to combine it with the sketch challenge.  I am behind on my sketches for the year already!  I am also submitting this for The Paper Players challenge, to focus on spring.  It has been bitter cold here all week.  I am sooooooo ready for spring!




My card base is basic black, which I thought would add a great contrast to the bright colors.  I added a layer of daffodil pattern paper.  I ran some whisper white through my Big Shot with this floral bouquet folder.  Then, using a blender pen, I colored the raised areas in the challenge colors.  My fine motor skills are a bit lacking, but this was ike occupational and art therapy rolled into one!  My sentiment is from SU's "Trust God," punched out and lightly sponged.  Some SU polka dot ribbon and enamel hearts from Anna Marie wrap it up.

I am much happier with this card...it seems more cheery!  I already know who will receive this...a friend who is truly a blessing to me!

Thanks for stopping by...but be sure to check out my 2nd post today, too.  Some exciting things happening at The Friday Mashup...with PRIZES!  WooHoo!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. I love your bright, cheerful card! Perfect for the challenges. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful spray of flowers, and I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and cheery! Perfect to celebrate Spring! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete