Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, March 30, 2015

Colours for a Hero

Good morning, and Happy Monday!

I made this card last night for the Colour Me...! challenge.  Instead of uploading it then, I sat and watched 2 of our favorite shows on the Food Network.  Alton Brown is hysterical!  Then I went to bed early, because we had a lot to do early this morning before my husband went into work this morning.  Funny thing is, I told him "Okay, as long as we're home in time for me to upload my card."  I have my priorities in order, you know.  *wink*



Any way, this is a Clean & Simple design.  I wanted to try this "Irresistibly Yours" paper from Sale-a-Bration.  Several years ago, SU had some similar embossed paper, which I really enjoyed (Presto something). I like the patterns in the new pack even better.  I thought the colors would coordinate well with the stars, and I am working on a box to send to Operation Write Home.

The colors are more similar than you might expect in this palette...that is the reds compared to each other, as well as the aquas.  My card base is bermuda bay, and I added a layer of real red.  I sponged bermuda bay in the lower corner, cherry cobbler in the center, and coastal cabana on top.  After sponging, I took a tissue to wipe excess ink off the stars.  I added a strip of black satin ribbon for contrast.  My Sizzix star die came in handy, and they go well with the stamped sentiment from SU's "Words of Courage."

I hope to make more of these, with different shades of blue and red, and some different greetings...all for our heroes serving overseas!

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a cool color combination - your card came out perfect! What a great technique and we have many heroes in our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection! The resist DSP looks amazing all done up with these colors! Thanks for playing with us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did the background! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete