Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Mashup! Embossing Nature


It's Friday, and that means another Friday Mashup! This week we are challenged to make a card inspired by nature, or using embossing (heat or dry)...or combining both.

I need to make some sympathy cards, and I would much rather have them made in advance than feel the pressure to create them quickly. I love sunsets... I love flowers, and somehow, I think they work well together for a sympathy card. I took a piece of Presto Pattern Specialty paper and brayered over it with daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, tangerine tango, cajun craze, and rich razzleberry. I took my chocolate chip craft ink and clear embossing powder, with Inspired by Nature for my main image, stamping both the flowers and the grass. Gets me thinking about my cone flowers which will be coming up in the next few weeks. My sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers, punched out with the large decorative label punch, and added some espresso brads. I lightly brayered razzleberry over it, then sponged a bit of cajun craze to blend it in with the main panel. Now, the words on this paper are a bit different, so I decided to strategically place my early espresso satin ribbon! I used stick strip to adhere the bow.

The color palette is a bit different...but I love vibrant sunsets with yellows oranges and violets! Now, if only the weather would actually warm up!!

Hope you play along with today's Friday Mashup! Can't wait to see what you create!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

  1. Kim, this is such a lovely inspiration card. I love the effect the brayering gives your background. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have used bright colours on a sympathy card, and agree the sunset and flowers go so nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! This is one of my all time favorite stamps!! your card is beautiful! now following from sc. stop on over when you get a chance. hugz n blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kim! I LOVE the colors & layout...very nice work Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card! I saw it on Mashup and then stumbled across your blog from SC! I'm #342 on the list. I hope you'll stop in and check me out too! http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Kim, the embossed daisy over the specialty paper is very cool!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beauty. love the background!

    ReplyDelete