Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Mashup! Monochromatic Man


Well, Blogger was down a lot yesterday and this morning...and I worked all day...then had club tonight! I better hurry if I want this posted actually ON Friday!! LOL!!

Kasey presents us with a tough challenge...well, for me anyway. Create a monochromatic card, or a masculine card...or Mash it Up by making a monochromatic masculine card. Guy cards are so tough to make, aren't they? (Please tell me you agree!) I actually made 2 previous cards, and I wasn't thrilled with them. One may make an appearance some day...the other will never be seen in cyber space if I can help it! I finally came up with this card:

I have been making so many nautical projects lately that I needed to stretch myself. This card has a neutral theme more than a specifically masculine theme, but I did send it to a man! Our board president did a bunch of tech stuff for our recent fund raiser, and he appreciates my hand crafted cards. I started with an always artichoke card base, which I ran through my Big Shot (just the front) with the square lattice impressions folder. I added a layer of old olive...then stamped the retired French Foliage in shades of green: always artichoke, old olive, wild wasabi, and garden green on very vanilla. After stamping I ran that through with the same folder. I stamped a sentiment from Three Little Words on vanilla, added the image from French Foliage, then punched it out with the extra large decorative label punch. I added some old olive and dimensionals to pop it up. Finally, linen thread and a chocolate chip button literally wrap it up.

I hope you play along this week...just upload your card to your blog or online gallery, using MU06 as a keyword.

So it's a late post...but the card is actually in the mail! That sounds like a challenge winner to me!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

5 comments:

  1. Great masculine card!
    Hug and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture and great card for a guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Masculine cards are always a challenge and you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of neutrals with monochromatic. I love you chose green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect masculine card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete