Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, October 31, 2011

Belated Friday Mashup!

Happy Halloween, Stamping Friends!

So, I was gonna post this after work on Friday after work. Oops. Then I was gone all weekend. Double oops. So...I am finally posting my Friday Mashup #30 project!!


As a reminder...the Friday Mashup has a fun challenge from Heidi this week.


  • Create a project using the sketch above

  • Create a project using something that is recycled or repurposed

  • Or Mash it Up and create a project using the sketch and using something recycled

Well, I admit I am not great at recycling...hoarding, yes! But recycling?? Hmmm... I did make a bunch of altered tins 2 years ago for Christmas gifts. I wanted to try something similar. Well, I had this cute little jar. It had some fresh sage leaves from my sister-in-law's garden, but once they were gone, I saved the jar. I really did not know if I'd ever use it, so this challenge was perfect! I simply wrapped some (retired) old olive striped grosgrain ribbon around the jar. I attached a simple tag, made with both of the tag punches, pumpkin pie and very vanilla card stock. The sentiment is from You're a Gem, stamped in old olive ink. The twine is actually a snippet from a gift I received from some friends a few months ago. I made the pumpkin with my ovals die in my big shot. After they were cut out, I embossed with a non-Stampin Up embossing folder, and sponged with cajun craze ink. I ran a strip of old olive through my paper crimper for the stem. I then attached the pumpkin to a straw wrapped in old olive ribbon, and attached to the jar. The final touch is a bunch of peanuts and candy corn! Too bad I don't have a Halloween Party to attend!


I hope you have fun and join us for the Mashup!! Check out the challenge blog here, and use keyword FM30 in your online gallery.


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment