Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Dear Hubby!!



Hello Friends! Today is my 18th wedding anniversary! Of course, I had to make Bruce a card, and I pondered it for days. I actually intended on participating in last week's Paper Player Challenge, which had a musical theme. But I made this a day too late...oh well! I did decide to change my card a bit to correspond with the Hope You Can Cling To challenge from a few days ago, Real Men Wear Pink. We were challnged to make a masculine card with a touch of pink. Bruce is NOT into pink, but he is a real man who supports me at home, in my ministry, and just in our every day lives!

All of the supplies are from Stampin' Up! My card base is early espresso, with a strip of soft suede embossed with the square lattice folder. I sponged river rock and soft suede on very vanilla, then stamped the Extreme Guitar (retired) in early espresso craft ink, which I then heat embossed. I punched out a heart in melon mambo for the pink, then decided to add a tiny bit of melon in my background. The sentiment on the bottom is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in melon then punched out with the word window. The other is from Perfect Words, a hostess set. I used my early espresso and melon mambo markers to color it, and then punched out with my oval. My final detail is the early espresso baker's twine...love this stuff!!


Gotta run...we're gonna see a movie and get dinner. Hope you have a great day!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a gorgeous card to celebrate your wonderful milestone - the colors are great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Masculine and fun. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Anniversary card, Kim. Love all your sponging! Hope your anniversary was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Great colors and design!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete