Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day!!

The first Saturday in October is World Card Making Day, and the folks at splitcoaststampers celebrate by kicking off a month of special challenges. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, something many of us can relate to. I have family and friends struggling with this ugly disease...but the strength they show in their fight to survive is amazing!



So, today kicked off the "Hope You Can Cling To" challenges. There were 3 today, and there will be one more each day this month. I hope to do them all!!!



The first challenge asked us to use Pink Critters. I started with an early espresso card base, and added a strip of lucky limeade, which I ran through my big shot with the elegant bouquet impressions folder, then sponged with espresso ink. I ran some very vanilla through with the top note die. Using the retired Stampin' Up set "Bliss" I stamped the flourish in crumb cake and lucky limeade, and the butterflies in pretty in pink. I popped one butterfly up with dimensionals. The sentiment is also retired, colored with markers, and cut out with the decorative label punch in vanilla and pink. The final detail is some pretty in pink satin ribbon.







The second challenge lets us use Pink Bling. The card base is concord crush, with strips of wisteria wonder, pink pirouette, and pretty in pink, all embossed with the perfect polka dots embossing folder. I made a square of my own designer pattern with a flower from Friends Never Fade, and mounted it on lucky limeade for contrast. I used my bird punch, using different colors, and a tiny dot with my basic black marker for the eye. I pulled out You're a Gem and my circle punch, plus some silver elastic cord. White organza ribbon and fire square brads finish it off.


The third card is quite different. We needed to make a circle card. I also wanted to make a card for this week's SCS color challenge: cherry cobbler, early espresso, and pool party. Hmmmm... So I pulled out my large scallop circle die. I cut out 2 circles of pool party card stock, and attached with cherry cobbler seam binding. I stamped my new Hostess set Precious Butterflies in cherry cobbler and early espresso directly on the circles. I added a large scallop circle in early espresso, detailed with basic pearls. The regular scallop circle is stamped with one of the butterflies and a sentiment from Perfect Words, another Stampin' Up Hostess set. Finally the largest and smallest circles were sponged...had to add something!


I can hardly wait to play along with more challenges this month!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment