Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, July 4, 2014

7 Quick Takes...It's Been a While!

Hello and Happy Independence Day!!!

If I am going to get back into blogging, I need to write more often, so here I am again.  Two days in a row.  Ha!

Last fall, I started getting into "7 Quick Takes" as featured on the blog Conversion Diary.  It's Friday, so it's time to jump in again!






1.  Happy Birthday, USA!!
Despite all of the garbage our nation is experiencing, I firmly believe that this is the greatest nation on the planet!  We can debate policies and politics...but we can do so without being thrown in jail or beheaded.  That's nothing to take for granted.  So on this Fourth of July, I thank God for the many freedoms and blessings we have.  I thank God for the men and women who serve in the military to ensure our safety, and to promote democracy around the world.  Fly your flags today, and celebrate with as many fireworks as you can get!  



2.  Great Book!!
Last month, I read Something Other Than God by Jennifer Fulwiler.  Wow!  Great book!  I have passed it along to a couple of friends.  I have another copy at home, which I will hopefully share with a certain person who could really benefit from it.  At least, I think so...but I need to pray for the right time to share it.  



3.  Book Inspired Card
So, one of my obsessions, or hobbies, is card making.  In June, I participated in a series of challenges hosted on my favorite craft website Splitcoaststampers.  The  overall theme was summer vacation, and one specific challenge asked us to make a card inspired by a book...whether it was the plot, a character, or even the cover.  I chose the cover of Jennifer's book.  How fun is that?  HERE is my post about the materials I used to make the card...in case you're curious.




4.  Organizing...I still don't like it
Since I am not currently employed, I have had time to work on my home clutter.  Bruce & I hosted 2 young women for a week, while they assisted with a catechism program at our church called Totus Tuus.  Nothing like having company to get me to clean up!  Sadly, I piled some things on a shelf...not too bad.  Except yesterday I needed a notebook from the bottom of that pile.  I now have a new mess that I need to take care of...after the holiday weekend!





5.  Weight Loss?  Me?
I noticed that one of my posts earlier was bemoaning my heaviness, with the hope that I would get moving again.  It's been nearly 5 months, and I have continued to neglect my exercises.  But now that my exercise mat is cleared off, that should change...right??






6.  Appliances...Ugh
Our home dryer gave out on us a couple of weeks ago.  We bought a new one, but our current pedestal isn't compatible.  Why weren't we told this before?  We bought a new pedestal, it was delayed a week (not in stock, of course.)  We reschedule installation...they never show.  I called only to find out the date was changed...but we weren't told.  I nearly lost it with the call center!  Now, we have a different dryer from a different retailer scheduled to arrive Monday, and the other dryer (which is on the back porch) will be returned to the retailer that couldn't handle basic installation or scheduling.  As much as I hate doing laundry, I am looking forward to drying a load of sheets and towels very soon!




7.  Good Friends
One thing I have seen since I left my position at WCC, is how many wonderful friends I have.  I have received phone calls, email and text messages, even little notes on Facebook.  People are surprised about my situation, but they know me well enough to believe it must be what I truly needed to do.  I recently had a call from one of the church secretaries.  She said that she and her pastor had been thinking about me quite a bit, and wanted me to know that they care about me and support me.  Another area pastor called me with words of comfort and reassurance, plus he invited me to help with a special project for the Advent season.  It came at a VERY good time, because I was beginning to feel discouragement creeping in.  Isn't it amazing how God will use people in your life to send messages of His love?  I am BLESSED!


That's my Quick Takes for this week.  Be sure to check out posts on Conversion Diary.  I love reading what other people find inspiring or funny in their lives.



Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment