- The movie that is based on my life? "Brave," because I have found my passion in life and will do anything to pursue it. That would be prolife work!
- Which Disney song is my anthem? "Be Our Guest" (Beauty & the Beast)...well I do like to entertain.
- What natural phenomenon am I? A storm. Oh boy! I do believe that one is pretty accurate...some people love me, some people are scared of me.
- I should have been born in the 1950's...since my creativity and innovations would be so helpful. Hmmm, not sure about that one.
- Which children's book is about me? "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein. I sure hope so!
- Which Star Wars character am I? I honestly don't remember. It wasn't Jar-Jar Binks, which is, apparently, a good thing.
- Which leading man should I marry? Sidney Poitier. As wonderful as he is, I'm quite smitten with my real-life husband, Bruce.
- What should my career be? Writing...hmmm. I better get to work on that.
Now, of course, I do not put much stock in these silly things. I doubt anyone does. They are fun, quirky time-fillers. Change one answer, and you could come up with a completely different result. I just saw that anyone can create any of these quizzes. No wonder there are so many!
|banner from eCatholicwebsites.com|
I did take one quiz that asked which Bible character am I most like. My result was the Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus. Ummm, wow. I am almost embarrassed to write that here, because I can't even come close! Mary had remarkable faith and patience. Me? Well, I'm working on it! I certainly believe Mary is an important role model for all of us. When the Angel Gabriel came to her, she said "Let it be done to me according to your word." As she visited Elizabeth, she sang her heart out in praise to God: "My soul rejoices in the Lord!" And as she was talking with people at the wedding feast in Cana, she pointed everyone to her Son, "Do whatever He tells you to do."
For me, I find myself saying "Do whatever You want with my life Lord...but can I put in a few requests?" I do, often, sing and speak the praises of God to anyone who will listen. But I am also all too quick to gripe to anyone who will listen. Arthritic pain? Job stress? Cafeteria Catholics? Yep, I am passionate, but unfortunately that just means I am very expressive about positive and negative things. (Remember that storm reference above?) I need to learn to keep some things quiet! And when it comes to complete submission to Jesus, I'd like to think I would do whatever He tells me to do. But let's face it. I am painfully human, and I mess up. We all are. Thank God, literally, that He loves us any way!
All this to say, that those goofy quizzes are just that...goofy. If any of us really want to get to know ourselves, it won't happen through a series of 12 questions which include celebrity faces we don't recognize. It must come through prayer and quiet time alone with God. It will come through the inspiration of the Saints who have gone before us...found in Scripture and two thousand years of heroic men and women from around the world. I may not feel like I measure up, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try. I'll start by stepping away from PlayBuzz, and into Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John!