Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, October 13, 2014

Clinging to Hope in 2014

Well, I am FINALLY posting back over here.  After a year or so of putting my card projects elsewhere, I decided to move them back here.  This was my first Blogger site, so that's where everyone comes...and they saw nothing new for a while!

I still need to move some recent posts...or at least I want to.  I have fun with some challenges in recent months, and who knows, it might inspire someone else to participate!  I also need to add to my blog roll, and do some other tweaking...but I'll be staying here!

Over the last 2 weeks, I have been participating in the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.  I am actually hosting a challenge tomorrow, thus my incentive to set things up!  I have a few challenges completed, and I will post some today, then add a few throughout the month.



This first one was for a challenge to "Shine On" in which we needed to focus on a light source.  I chose sunlight.  I pulled out a very old stamp set, Watercolor Garden 2, and had fun with that week's color challenge (crushed curry, elegant eggplant, and garden green.  I sponged the sun, and stamped the sentiment (from Perfect Words) on a scrap of old Razzleberry Lemonade dsp.  I like using the top note die for creating scenes.  Lush organza ribbon finishes it off.



Next, I pulled out an old color challenge (so saffron, pretty in pink, and chocolate chip) with the HYCCT challenge "Hold on to Hope."  We needed to feature a handle.  I chose this wonderful cup from "Tea Shoppe." The 2 pattern papers were from my scrap pile (yay!)  I used "Whimsical Words" for the sentiment on a tag punch, so it looks like a tea bag. Some bakers twine, candy dots, and the scallop trim punch finish it off.


Finally, we had a challenge called "Hope Floats."  I decided a boat floats, so I pulled out this wonderful image, "Sail Away."  My card base is lost lagoon, and I added a layer of the new Moonlight dsp.  I added a bit of tangelo twist ink to the sail boat, and sponged the sun and sky.  I stamped the sail boat again, and cut out the sails, popping them up.  The sentiment is from "Send Me Soaring".  Some striped tangerine tango ribbon adds a fun punch of color.




I have had fun with these challenges, and I have more to come.  You should definitely play along...there are even some prizes being given away!  WooHoo!
See you tomorrow...

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment