Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hope You Can Step Up!

Hello Stamping Friends!

I am happy to be hosting a challenge today!  My Hope You Can Cling To challenge is:  It's Time to Step Up.

Today I have 2 very different cards for this challenge.  I knew I wanted to make a step card, but I had never done this before.  So yes, the challenge was for me, too!  I found a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for a center step card.   My card base is bermuda bay.  I actually did very little stamping, because I used this amazing pattern paper from S.E.I. called "Black Orchid."  I added pieces with smaller patterns to the skinny panels, and used this huge flower in the center to showcase that flower.  My sentiment is from SU's "Whimsical Words," stamped in calypso coral and punched out with my small scallop circle punch.  I sponged some more ink on the edges so it would show up better.  Ruffled coral ribbon is the last detail.  Below is the side view...very cool!  The only downside of this card is that it doesn't fit a standard envelope.  Guess I will have to make one with my envelope maker...which I haven't used yet.  oops.




Now, I know some people really hate fancy fold cards, so I designed this as an alternative.  I recalled THIS card that I made for a blog challenge ago few years ago.  My card base is crumb cake.  I added a layer of regal rose that is embossed with the fancy folds folder.  I stamped this cone flower from "Inspired by Nature" on very vanilla card stock.  It is a silhouette stamp, but I used markers to color it: old olive, regal rose, and old olive. I added the tall grass to the background.  Then I cut the image to create this stepped-up design.  My sentiment is from "Best Yet" punched with the scallop oval.  Quilted espresso ribbon and a pretty in pink butterfly from my embosslit finish it up.

I am looking forward to seeing what other people create...hope ypu can play along too!

Inky {{{HUGS}}} 
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment