Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, October 16, 2014

More Hope!

Hello Stamping Friends!

I have a few more HYCCCT cards to post.  I have not been doing these in order, so hang in there with me!

Lee posted a challenge, "A Bear for My Sister."  I have no cute bear images, but I recall receiving 2 of these stamped images in a swap.  Sorry, I don't know what company makes this stamp.  But the sentiment is from a retired set from My Favorite Things.  My card base is basic gray.  The dsp is from a long-retired Christmas pack from SU.  I used my blender pens to color the image, cut it out with my framelits, and sponged.  The colors I used are kiwi kiss, soft sky, basic gray, smokey slate, creamy caramel, and pretty in pink.  I also cut the sentiment out with framelits.  The ribbon is from a different swap.




Next, I have a card for Misti's challenge: "A Spoonful of Sugar."  Starting with a chocolate chip card base, I added a layer of close to cocoa that is embossed with the diagonal stripes folder.  The ribbon is from some yummy blog candy that I won a while ago.  I used the SU set "So Very" for this card, stamping with melon mambo and chocolate chip on whisper white and pink pirouette card stock.  I made a cup cake with my scallop circle punch, a scrap of glimmer paper and a free-hand cut piece of textured melon mambo for the base.  I colored the glimmer paper with a melon mambo marker and added pink stickles (more blog candy) to the embossed swirls, to look like frosting.  This will make a nice card for my great-niece next month!

Finally tonight I have a card for Bridget's challenge, "A Card for My Hero." My card has a very clean and simple design.  I have lots of heroes, but I usually think of heroes of the Faith.  I had this stamp with a quote from Mother Teresa.  I decided to showcase it on white (embossed with those diagonal stripes again) with pacific point striped ribbon to mimic the habits of her religious order, The Missionary Sisters of Charity.  I have a lot of punched out hearts, so I grabbed a few for a pop of color...and to go with her inspiring words.
More fun cards will be posted in the next few days.  Stay Tuned!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment