Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Colorful Hope

Hello Stamping Friends...

Time for a couple more HYCCT challenge cards.  For extra fun, I also incorporated this week's color challenge, as well.  SCS is on color challenge #500, and they are celebrating by giving us 4 seasonal palettes to choose from.  I chose Spring and Fall...but I really hope to do the other ones as well.


My first card uses the spring palette:  soft sky, crisp cantaloupe, pistachio pudding, and so saffron.  The HYCCT challenge is "Chick's Stick Together" hosted by Fran.  I chose this cute image from SU's "For the Birds," because I thought it would be perfect with these delicate colors.  I used markers to color the image, which was stamped with Stazon jet black.  A bit of light sponging filled out the scene, and layered it on so saffron.  I embossed a piece of soft sky with the cloudy day embossing folder.  After wrapping ruffled cantaloupe ribbon around it, I placed it on the soft sky card base. The image panel is adhered with dimensionals.


Next, I have the fall palette: baked brown sugar, bermuda bay, crushed curry, and cajun craze.  I combined it with Lori's "Warm Fuzzy" challenge to use warm colors and something soft or fuzzy on our card.  I have a crushed curry base with a piece of cajun pattern paper, edged with the scallop trim punch.  I wrapped some SU fabric, from the Autumn Spice collection a few years ago; it was cut in my Big Shot with the Tasteful Trim die.  I stamped the image from "Lovely as a Tree" in baked brown sugar, then sponged with the other challenge colors.  I layered it on bermuda bay, also edged with the scallop trim.  The sentiment is from "Full of Love," which I have set aside to sell...glad I till had it!  LOL





I have been having fun with Hope You Can Cling To...there are more cards to come!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment