Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, November 24, 2014

Back with the Colour Me Challenge!

Hello Stamping Friends!

I am back to post a few more Colour Me...! challenges.  I wanted to post these yesterday, but it took me longer than I expected to come up with a design for the current challenge...even though I instantly loved the palette!  So earthy...perfect for fall.  It rained all day yesterday; it's raining this morning.  If it was snow, we'd be a bit like Buffalo NY!  Fortunately, my husband still got decent pictures, despite the gloomy clouds.


I knew I wanted an early espresso card base, and it turns out I had this square one pre-cut and folded.  Everything else took a while!  I ended up with this luscious image from SU's "Day of Gratitude" which I colored with markers on very vanilla card stock.  I sponged the edges to warm things up.  The cajun craze layer is dry embossed with the "vine folder."  I can never remember it's actual name!  I wrapped soft suede ribbon around it, showing the plain side since the white polka dots didn't quite work with this palette.  The sentiment is from the same set, and I used the modern label and scallop oval punches (with cajun pattern paper) to highlight it. I really wanted something else, and I found these non-SU bronze gems in a stash of old supplies.  This is literally the last large one I had; perfect for the center.  The little ones were cut from the last row I have.  I think I need to find some more of these, because I love how they work with these colors!


Next, I am continuing my journey to complete all of the 2014 CMCC challenges.  This next card is not at all what I envisioned...but it's not too bad.  Soft color palettes are tricky for me, but I muddled through. 

The card base is pistachio pudding.  I placed a layer of blushing bride,embossed with the chevron folder, on top of the base.  The image panel is all done with SU's "Work of Art," which I FINALLY purchased!  I love how you can just stamp randomly and create something fun!  I used coral bakers twine and button as the embellishments.  I really wish I had placed the button on the other side to balance the coral.  Oh well.  One final note.  I intentionally cut the whisper white and blushing bride with uneven edges.  I wanted to mimic the random nature of the stamps.  Not sure if I like it...the jury is still out!  LOL



Finally today I have a fun card that was quick to make.  I figured the best way to make these blues and greens to work together was to do some blending.  Using SU's "Delicate Doilies," I stamped with versamerk on glossy white card stock, then heat embossed with clear powder.  I pulled out my brayer, and randomly coated the card stock with all four colors, overlapping a bit.  I love how the doilies look like snowflakes!  Then, to make sure each color stood out on its own, I used them for the other main elements: bermada bay card base, coastal cabana layer, tempting turquoise sentiment (From SU's "Field Flowers") and pacific point ribbon.  As you can see, I used the scallop circle punch, and some dimensionals!

I'll be traveling this week for Thanksgiving.  Hopefully, I will be able to post something again next Monday.  Have a great week!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

7 comments:

  1. Three beautiful cards, Kim!! I have always loved SU's Day of Gratitude and hope to someday add it to my collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, Kim, and great to see you using lots of the Colour Me...! combos. That earthy image is so beautiful and ornate - the EF is called Vine Street ;) The Work of Art set fell onto my door mat a few days ago so looking foward to using it soon too. Thanks for your entry this week.

    Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see your take on these fun colour combos from our challenge! Love the fall creation you have designed. This has always been a favourite set of mine :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! Sure hope we will see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done a challenge in a while. I thing you just inspired me to find one this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think color challenges re the hardest of all! Loving your cards- both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combos. You did a great job with each of them!

    ReplyDelete