Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Colour Me with a Few More Cards

Hello Stamping Friends!

It's time for another Colour Me...! challenge.  I had hoped too post earlier, but I was so busy with HYCCT that I neglected all other challenges last month.  When I decided to do the current challenge, I decided I better finish up this old post.  (I literally had the icons loaded up, just no cards!  LOL)  So here we go...

CMCC#41 was current when I started this post...good grief!  The colors led me to a gender-neutral design.  I need more cards like this!




The card base is hello honey.  I stamped the 2 sides of this large stamp from SU's "Text & Texture" in the challenge colors on very vanilla, then used my cherry cobbler marker to outline the panel.  To go along with the text theme, I used "Teeny Tiny Wishes" with baked brown sugar and cherry cobbler inks to make pattern paper...very different use of these stamps.  I also added stars from "Extreme Elements" and layered it on cherry cobbler.  I had a scrap of cherry pattern paper, then just set the pieces on different angles.  Bakers twine finishes it off.

And now, I am continuing my push to get caught up in previous challenges. 

CMCC#14 is a monochromatic theme with Pumpkin Pie.  Since fall is my favorite season, I decided to go literal...with a pumpkin!

I ran some very vanilla through my Big Shot with the wood grain folder, then sponged it with soft suede.  My pumpkin is made by using the oval punch and scallop oval punch, showing off both sides of the brights pattern paper.  I used my bird punch for the  soft suede leaves, cutting off one tip for the stem of the pumpkin.  The larger oval was made with my Sizzix ovals die, and I used "Thank You Kindly" for the greeting.  Lots of striped ribbon was used as the last detail.




CMCC#15 is a bright palette and lots of fun.

My card is very summer-y, as the colors suggest, so it will probably stay in my box for a few months.  I embossed some bermuda bay with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder, and placed it on the daffodil card base.  The flowers are from "Mixed Bunch" and were cut out with the coordinating punch.  The scrap of DSP is from Garden Gala...I think.  The greeting is from "On Your Birthday," stamped in basic black and punched with the modern label punch.  Basic black polka dot ribbon wraps it all up.



It's good to be back in the Colour Me mode!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment