Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, November 7, 2014

Hope-Filled Finish!

Hello and Happy Friday!

Today is the last day to upload cards for the Hope You Can Cling to challenges.  Originally, I planned to do them all...then I decided I probably would not get them done, so I slowed down this week.  I actually spent time cleaning up a table in my stamp space last night.  I had slowed down a lot because I was intimidated by some of the challenges.  Well, I decided to cram things in and I did finish on time!  Unfortunately, I had computer issues, so I did not get these uploaded before noon.  No biggie...I am just thrilled that I completed all 35 challenges!  NEXT year, I will shoot for the Queens Thread!



This card was the last one I did, but the very first HYCCT challenge posted.  It's supposed to be paper tole.  I struggle with fussy cutting, so I held off on this.  The pieces should be curled a bit more.  Even so, he's kinda cute!  Not only was this card for Lydia's paper tole challenge, but it also for a color challenge; #496 on SCS.  I have a soft sky card base with pieces of cherry cobbler pattern paper and silver glimmer paper.  I stamped this snowman from SU's "Snow Much Fun" 3 different times.  The hat/head, scarf, and boots were cut separately for the tole technique.  I dropped a boot, or lost it...cut out another one, but it was the same side I already had adhered!  All this at 11:50 a.m.!  LOL  So, I just colored the flat boot.  Poor guy needs an upgrade!  He is mounted on island indigo, but I couldn't find the right marker so I used taken with teal instead.  Bakers twine and a sentiment punched out with the modern label finish it off. 


Next, I have a card for Barbara's challenge, which uses Embossing Paste...sort of.  I had never even seen this stuff before so I ended up making some of my own.  I had to rush to get this done, but I will definitely try it again.   My paste was made with baby powder, Tombow liquid glue, and white shimmer paint.  I added old olive ink for the color. I started with a pumpkin pie card base.  Fortunately, I had a piece left over from my smashed ink challenges, and the scrap from my Sizzix Leaves die.  Both came in handy, as I had to rush to get this done!  I used the scrap as stencil to spread the paste in leaf shapes.  I really like the texture that resulted.  My sentiment is from SU's "All Holidays" stamped in rich razzleberry on a Top Note die cut.  A bit of peach parfait ribbon is the last detail.  I am not thrilled with the overall card, but it isn't bad for such a quick project.  If I take more time, I could probably do some very nice, detailed projects with this paste.

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment