Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Virtual Stamp Night...Mini Style!

Hello Stamping Friends!

Now that Hope You Can Cling To challenges are completed and uploaded, I am ready to move on with some of my regular favorite challenges.  Once again, I will be hosting a challenge for Virtual Stamp Night.  My challenge will be during the Main VSN event in December.  The theme for the winter event is "Frozen," and this past Friday was the Mini event.  Here are my cards for the 2 challenges posted Friday night...


Misti hosted the first challenge, asking us to incorporate ice cubes.  I have NO stamps with ice cubes.  I was a bit lost, but then I decided I would just doodle.  I pulled out this retired SU set, "Penguin Pleasantries" which I just got off of Ebay.  (I have a serious lack of silly/whimsical images.)  After stamping him on whisper white with Stazon jet black, I colored this cute little guy with markers...pumpkin pie, crushed curry, soft sky, wisteria wonder, and taken with teal.  I then covered him in versamark and clear embossing powder.  That's why there is a shine in the picture.  I used a marker to draw the ice cubes and covered them with Dazzling Details.  Initially, I was worried about making the cubes evenly, but I hardly need realistic ice cubes to go with this penguin!  The image is mounted on wisteria wonder, then layered on an embossed (Cuttlebug folder) soft sky layer on a bermuda bay card base.  I added wisteria bakers twine and a dotted brad in the center of a felt snowflake.  With several December and January birthdays in my family, this guy will find a good home.  Of course, with lots of plump dimensions, it will take extra postage to get there!



Next, I made this card for Tammie's inspiration challenge.  When I saw the photo, I immediately thought of SU's "Dasher."  I used the pine tree from "Lovely as a Tree," stamping it 3 times to add dimension to my forest.  I used early espresso and mossy meadow markers for the tree.  I stamped Dasher in early espresso also.  Then came the messy stuff.  I wanted to add berries, as in the inspiration photo, so I added cherry cobbler ink to my Dazzling Details.  Trying to dot my image with this turned out more difficult than I expected.  The solution should be to order some of the actual cherry cobbler dazzling details from my demo...soon!  LOL  It is difficult to see...but I also used my versamarker and heat and stick powder with dazzling diamonds to add snowy details to the ground and some of the branches.  I layered this image on an embossed piece of marina mist and some DSP left over from a holiday scrap book kit (can't remember the name.)  Finally, I used "Teeny Tiny Wishes" with the word window and modern label punches.  No ribbon or twine...no brads...gasp!


Thanks for coming by.  The Main "Frozen" VSN will be December 12th & 13th...WooHoo!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment