Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Colorful Tuesday

Hello, and Happy Tuesday!

I have 2 cards tonight for 2 challenges posted today...Gasp!  I rarely do challenges on the same day they are posted, but I am struggling to get anything else done.  Time for art therapy!

My first card is for the ColourQ, a perfect palette for a Valentine.  Now, since I actually have several other things I should be doing (sigh), I decided on a very quick, CAS design.  I made two cards in the same design, and may make more with varied colors.


My card base is smoky slate.  I added a layer of calypso
coral.  Onj the top layer of whisper white, I stamped with the colors, using three different SU stamp sets.  The sentiment is from "Filled with Love."  Frankly, I nearly got rid of this set, but I love this sentiment!  The hearts are from "I {Heart} Hearts," and the swoosh is from the ever-so-versatile "Work of Art."  I added 2 cherry cobbler brads, and popped the top layer up with dimensionals.




Next I have a card for this week's color challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, which called for Real red, crumb cake, and early espresso.  Unfortunately, I had cherry cobbler on my mind, so I missed the boat a bit.  But I'm posting it any way!

I used the same sentiment and the same swoosh...they were sitting on my table, so why not, right?  The images are from SU's "Morning Cup."  I used Stazon jet black, stamped on very vanilla, and colored with my markers.  I placed that panel over a piece of early espresso, dry embossed with the divine swirls embossing folder.  My sentiment was punched out with the scalloped oval, and placed over cherry cobbler seam binding.  Everything is on a crumb cake card base.

I will probably make another card using real red instead of cherry cobbler...but not tonight.  Time for me to get back to other work!

Thanks for coming by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous mix of colors and images on your first card , Kim! And I am in love with the layout on the second!! Great designs, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of cute cards Kim! I like the patterned hearts on your first one. So happy you could join us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete