Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Last Minute Challenge Card

Hello, and Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a card for the Friday Mashup.  I didn't actually mash things up this time.  I used the color palette (with a slight modification), but not the baby theme.  When I was clearing scraps from my table, I came across small pieces of the challenge colors, plus this flower already stamped out and punched out.  So, this was a pretty quick card.




All supplies are from Stampin' Up.  The card base is crumb cake.  I lined up pieces of pool party, early espresso, and calypso coral (instead of tangerine), then embossed them with the Petals-a-Plenty folder.  For a change of pace, I put the strips on an angle.  The flower is from "Mixed Bunch," and it is stamped in crisp cantaloupe with a large calypso coral brad.  I used "Work of Art" stamped in early espresso on pool party and very vanilla card stock.  I used my small oval and scallop oval punches.  The final touch is the addition of coral candy dots on top.

I am so glad I remembered the deadline for this, and still had these elements set aside.  I wasn't sure what I was going to create, but I a very happy with the end result!

Thanks for stopping by again today!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment