Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, January 12, 2015

Fresh Sketches with Last Year's Colors

Hello and Happy Monday!

I have 2 cards today for 2 different sketch challenges.  Last year, I focused on color challenges from SCS and Colour Me...!  This year, I have decided to focus on sketch challenges from SCS and Freshly Made Sketches.  We'll see how it goes!

Now, even though I am concentrating on sketches, I did miss a few Colour Me challenges, so both of these cards are filling some gaps.  I actually had a post set up in my drafts with 4 color combos, but never finished. Why not do it now?  *wink*

The first card is for CMCC#51 and Freshly Made Sketches 168.  The colors definitely make me think Christmas, but I decided to make a simple Valentine.  I am not ready to start 2015 Christmas cards!  LOL




The sketch lends itself to a Clean and Simple design (that's the idea of Freshly Made!)  I dry embossed the real red card base with a Cuttlebug hearts embossing folder.  The layers of DSP are from 2 different Stampin' Up packs, Venetian Romance and a Simply Scrap pack whose name I can't remember.  My main image and greeting are from SU's "Three Little Words" stamped on very vanilla.  I outlined that layer with my baked brown sugar marker and added 2 brads, then popped it up with dimensionals.  I had this card base cut already.  I usually have my fold on top, but didn't this time...hard to get a picture!  LOL




Next I have this fun birthday card.  I absolutely LOVE this penguin!  So glad I found him on Ebay!  The card is for CMCC#42 and SC522.










My card base is soft sky, and I embossed the front with that "snowflake" folder
from SU.  The cute image is from SU's "Penguin Pleasantries," stamped in Stazon jet black on whisper white and colored with the challenge palette.  It is layered on island indigo, and a bit of ruffled crisp cantaloupe ribbon trims it out.  I used "Teeny Tiny Wishes" with the modern label and word window punches.  The top of the card is trimmed out with indigo ruffled ribbon, a calypso coral button and some coral bakers twine.  I LOVE these colors together!

Well, I am typing this after 11:00 pm.  I really should be going to bed!  I plan on some more stamping tomorrow, but I do have to do some "real" work too.  Monday, Monday...right?

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

6 comments:

  1. I love both of these wonderful designs, Kim!! The papers and layout are perfect on this sweet Valentine, and I love that texture and ruffled ribbon with that adorable skating penguin!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing on these cards, and that penguin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of the "i love you" card! May need to do that sketch... And the penguin is super cute! Love the embossed BG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are lovely, love the simplicity of the first and the adorable image in the second! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have used two great sketches. Love the red and green together, and the embossed BG. Oh, I also love the colors of the 2nd card- great color combo, and a darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards, they are both fab. The penguin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete