Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas 2015...NOT a Typo!

Hello and Happy Wednesday   Sunday  Monday!
I started this post days ago, as you can see.  But I have been quite busy in this New Year already.  You see, I did not finish my 2015 Christmas cards, but there are 12 Days of Christmas!  So...I try each year to get them out by January 6th.  I was a stampin' fool once I got home from vacation!  Plus last night when I tried to edit pictures, I was having issues.  Fortunately, I figured it out tonight.

I decided to use some leftover 2015 SCS sketch challenges, as a way of continuing that goal.  This first card features DSP from SU's "Festival of Prints" stack.  My sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs "Christmas Verses" and the image is from SU's "Miracle of Christmas" punched with the old ornament punch.  I used cherry cobbler and old olive ink.  Dimensionals and a candy dot add some interest.  I had 10 card bases cut from my time visiting mom, so I made 10 cards when I got home.




I turned the next sketch vertically, because I had cut card bases while visiting my mom.  The star and sentiment are from SU's "The Sounding Joy."  I used baja breeze for the star, not quite navy for the sentiment, and soft sky for the dots.  I also used a larger sponge to add some silver shimmer, which is hard to see in the photo.  Finally I added silver metallic ribbon (or elastic cord once I ran out!)  It was very dark when I took these pictures, so even when edited, they look weird.  I kept the close up shot dark and pointed out the shimmer for you.

The detail looks better in real life.  Photography is not my area of expertise!! (And Blogger won't place my cards correctly.  Good thing stamping is my hobby!)





 The last card features images that my mom stamped, and it doesn't utilize any challenges.  The stamp set is SU's "Newborn King," stamped in versamark on night of navy, then heat embossed with platinum powder.  She had some extra images after making 3 dozen cards, and she let me use them.  Yay!  Her demonstrator found a design which you can see here.  On smoky slate, some cards have the coordinating greeting, but others use "Greetings of the Season."  I embellished with either rhinestones or organza ribbon.  I was happy to get 7 cards made with the materials I had at home.  



All of these cards have been mailed or hand delivered already!  I have more to post later, plus my January birthday cards.  Whew!




Thanks for coming by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful, Kim!! I love seeing those gorgeous sentiments taking center stage on the first two designs! So very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, Kim. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards- Jan 6th is an honorable date for which to get the cards out by, in my opinion..... Your designs are delightful- loving all of the sentiments you used- just beautiful cards. New Year Blessings : )

    ReplyDelete