Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mashin' Up Some Color

Hello and Happy Wednesday!

I have not stamped for a week, mostly because of a project for work (that is nearly done) but I wanted to get my Friday Mashup card in.  I am really trying to keep up with my stamping goals, instead of falling behind like previous years.

In fact, I am going to link this up quickly, then come back to edit...the deadline is in half an hour!  LOL

I'm back!  *wink*
So, this week's Friday Mashup included a fun sketch along with a musical theme.  I LOVE music!  I had some ideas early on, but no time to stamp.  Then yesterday, I saw the color challenge over at SCS:  strawberry slush, mint macaroon, and early espresso.  I decided to combine the challenges.  Initially, I was going to only do the sketch and colors, because I don't have a lot of music theme stamps (shame on me!)...but after digging through my collection, I decided to do the Mash Up.  My card base is early espresso; the strawberry slush layer is dry embossed with a Cuttlebug heart folder.  I don't have any mint macaroon card stock or ink, so I went with some very old sage shadow.  I used three stamp sets:  SU's "For the Birds" for the main image, and "Work of Art" for the heart.  The music notes and treble clef are from My Favorite Things "Who's That Musical Girl."  I used my blender pen to color the image, then punched it out with a scallop circle.  The heart is cut with an SU framelit, out of some retired DSP...Nature Walk, perhaps?  It has bumble bees on the other side.  Any way...the heart and circle are popped up.  I added a few SU sequins.  Good grief.  Why did I buy these things??  Yes, they can look nice, but that depends on them being applied well!  My fine motor skills stink!  Please, somebody give me some tips!

That's it for today...turns out I got the write-up done before the deadline after all!  WooHoo!  Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job mashing it up!! Love the hearts with the musical notes!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sketch and mashing it up!! Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! A great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the musical theme on this sweet card, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, how pretty! I love this card. Your interpretation of the sketch is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice interpretation of the sketch. Wonderful card- love the musical notes you added in.

    ReplyDelete