Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January Birthdays

Hello everyone!

Before I left for Christmas vacation, I tried to catch up on the 2015 SCS sketch challenges.  I had fallen way behind on my goal.  One day, I cut 6 card bases and stamped the insides, all with the intention of making 6 cards quickly with the same colors and DSP.  Well, I only did 3 that day (you can find them HERE).  Upon returning, the card bases and dsp were still sitting on my messy table.  I tossed them aside, but finally finished them up, and thought I would post them together today.  The first card was actually created and mailed a week ago for my nephew.  The other two will go in the mail today.


The card base is bermuda bay, and the DSP is "Winter Frost."  I like the simplicity of this sketch.  It gave me room for this cute snowman from "Snow Much Fun."  I added a few snowflakes from "Serene Snowflakes," and a sentiment from "On Your Birthday."  I colored my image with markers: smoky slate, bermuda bay, coastal cabana, pool party, and pumpkin pie.  My banner is cut on an angle to leave room for the enamel dots.  




I turned the next sketch vertically because my card base was already done.  I used the same DSP, plus a scallop circle of old bermuda bay pattern paper.  The sentiment is from "Whimsical Words," and I used markers to doodle some candles in the background.  The silver slate strip is dry embossed with the Northern Flurries folder.  Finally, I added enamel dots again.




Finally, a card that took a bit longer to create.  If I had just let go of the color palette a bit more, I may have finished this sooner...and better.  It needs a pop of pink, or something.  Any way...I used this fun sketch.  I have very few tall, narrow images, and no decent die to match.  I ended up using this image from "For the Birds."  The sentiment is also from that set, but on a different stamp.  I used a framelit from SU's Apothecary Accents to cut out the image, after it was colored with markers.  Under the image is a different sentiment, and I thought it would be easy to cover with Dazzling Details.  Not so much...so I added some color...hmmm...looks like a glittery toxic spill!  LOL  Oh well, one of my nieces loves anything with sparkle!  Some enamel dots and thick bakers twine wrap this up.   







I think it's about time to say good-bye to the 2015 sketches.  Time to move on to my 2016 goals.  Thanks for coming by again...

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment: